A downloadable game for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
Mechanism is a minimalist game with rolling, jumping and dodging to be played with a controller and deft thumbs. It's condensed into three short levels packed with action with a unique boss battle at the end of each level (because every game should have boss battles). Think of it like a wall running mechanic abstracted into a game.
Mechanism is designed to be played with a controller. It's harder with a keyboard but not impossible. Consider yourself warned.
I made Mechanism when I was getting tired of programming and needed something a little lighter and more design heavy. I think I got the controls pretty tight and the levels well paced, there should never be a point you feel like the game got you killed or a dull moment when playing.
Game by @stv_alex
Music by MK2
- Left stick to move in any direction (you can only move when touching white)
- Start key to pause
- Hold down alt while the game starts for settings if you need to but the window is resizeable and the graphics are so simple you can't really change the quality much.
- Fixed a checkpoint not triggering in level 1
- Added a visual effect and a sound that plays when checkpoints are cleared
- Fixed mouse input on pause menu in level 3
- Adjusted difficulty of level 3 boss pit
- Fixed music not looping sometimes
- Added linux, mac osx downloads (these are untested - I assume the controller mapping is the same but I don't have a mac or linux at home right now)
- Download the .zip
- Extract the Mechanism folder
- Depending on your platform run Mechanism.exe, Mechanism.app or Mechanism.x86
Also available on
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.